From our Bariatric Recipe Pantry, try this great tasting Salmon with Zucchini and Quinoa.
All you need:
½ pound salmon fillet (bones removed)
1 tsp olive oil
⅛ tsp salt
⅛ tsp ground pepper
⅛ tsp thyme leaves
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp oregano
½ cup zucchini, sliced
Steamables white quinoa with olive oil (follow directions on package to heat)
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Put salmon skin down on parchment paper. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Put salmon in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until internal temperature of salmon is 145°F.
4. In a small pan, spread out zucchini slices and add olive oil. Season with garlic powder, thyme and oregano. Cook until tender and lightly browned (10-15min).
5. Garnish salmon with lemon slice or avocado cream.
6. Portion to meet bariatric needs.
In the picture - 4 oz salmon, 1/2 cup sliced zucchini, 1/4 cup quinoa
Nutrition Facts: 404 calories, 20g total fat, 16g carbohydrates, 3g fiber, 6g sugar, 36g protein
**After bariatric surgery, food options will look different for everyone based on food stage and tolerance. Consult with your bariatric healthcare team about appropriate food options based on your individual needs.**