What are probiotics?
Probiotics are live microorganisms that are naturally present in some foods (kefir, kombucha, yogurt, pickles, etc.), but also available as dietary supplements.
- Microorganisms, like bacteria, are found throughout the gastrointestinal tract and can affect quality of life
- People usually correlate bacteria with illness, but there are good bacteria that can have a beneficial effect on the gut
- Probiotics can offer a wide variety of benefits from relief of chronic skin conditions to digestive and immune support
Top 4 things probiotics can help with after weight loss surgery
After bariatric surgery, the gastrointestinal changes that occur can affect the intestinal environment microorganisms thrive in. The usage of specific probiotics after weight loss surgery can:
- Reduce gastrointestinal issues (bloating, gas, and bowel irregularities)
- Increase the absorption of vitamin B12
- Increase metabolic balance to promote further weight loss after bariatric surgery
- Enhance immune response
Why does Bariatric Fusion carry probiotics containing Bacillus Coagulans?
Bariatric Fusion offers a probiotic capsule (quick dissolving to help enhance absorption) and great tasting probiotic soft chews. Both options contain 10 billion CFUs of Bacillus Coagulans that have been shown to specifically target the intestinal tract by:
- Assisting with digestion of some macronutrients (carbohydrates and protein)
- Helping to regulate metabolism and intestinal bacteria
- Increasing immune response
- Decreasing gas and bloating
- Promoting bowel regularity
Our bariatric supplements were formulated by a team of bariatric practitioners to maximize absorption of micro and macronutrients so that you are receiving proper nutrition for your body as you continue your journey after weight loss surgery.