From our Bariatric Recipe Pantry, try this great tasting bariatric friendly Zucchini Boat Recipe.
All you need:
- 4 zucchini
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb 99% lean ground turkey
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 4 tbsp part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Heat olive oil in medium-sized pan over medium heat. Add the turkey, mushrooms, and garlic. Cook turkey for about 6-8 minutes.
3. Stir in oregano, basil and marinara sauce.
4. Cut the zucchini in half and scoop out about 1/2 inch of of the center using a spoon to create the "boat." Place boats in a large baking dish with cooking spray.
5. Fill boats with 3 oz ground turkey and mushroom mix.
6. Top each with 1 tbsp shredded mozzarella and 1/2 tbsp parmesan cheese.
7. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and zucchini is tender.
Serving Size: 1 zucchini boat w/ 3 oz ground turkey
- Nutrition Facts -
214 calories, 4g total fat, 9g carbohydrates, 2.5g fiber, 6g sugar, 28g protein