From our Bariatric Recipe Pantry, try these great tasting Dark Chocolate Covered Banana Bites.
All you need:
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate
- 2 tsp coconut oil
1. Use a baking sheet that will fit in the freezer and line with parchment paper.
2. Peel and slice bananas about 1/4 inch thick. Line the baking sheet with banana slices.
3. Spread 1/2 tsp peanut butter over each banana slice. Then, put another banana slice on top to make a peanut butter banana sandwich.
4. Put in the freezer for about an hour.
5. After an hour in the freezer, melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil together. Dip each peanut butter banana bite until half of the bite is coated with the chocolate mixture.
6. When all of the bites are coated, place the tray back in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
7. Take out of the freezer and enjoy! Store extra banana bites in containers and place in the freezer for when you need a snack or treat.
Nutrition Facts per bite: 63 calories, 4g total fat, 7g carbohydrates, 1.5g fiber, 6g sugar, 2g protein
**After bariatric surgery, food options will look different for everyone based on food stage and tolerance. Consult with your bariatric healthcare team about appropriate food options based on your individual needs.**