From our Bariatric Recipe Pantry, try this great tasting Sweet Potato Lasagna as a bariatric-friendly dish for your next party.
All you need:
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 1 jar of marinara sauce
- 2 eggs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2lb ground beef
- 1 large container part skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 large onion, roughly chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Boil large pot of water over high heat. Rinse sweet potatoes and cut into thin slices, 1/4 inch thick.
- Combine herbs in small bowl.
- Add sweet potatoes into boiling water. Cook for 6-10 minutes, until tender. Drain and transfer to plate.
- While sweet potatoes are in the water, add 1 tbsp olive oil to large pan over medium heat.
- Add ground meat to pan and cook until browned. Add onions, garlic, and herbs to pan, stir until translucent. Transfer to separate plate.
- While meat is cooking, combine ricotta, eggs, half parmesan, and pinch of herbs to large bowl, set aside.
- Coat the bottom of a 9X13 dish with a thin layer of marinara. Add 1/3 of the sweet potatoes in a single layer, sprinkle with herbs. Spread half of the ricotta mixture on the potatoes. Spread half of the meat and coat with sauce.
- Repeat previous layer. Last layer should have 1/3 of potatoes covered with remaining sauce, mozzarella and parmesan.
- Bake until tender and the cheese is melted, 15-20 minutes.
Offers 12 servings
Nutrition Facts Per 1 Serving: 287 calories, 13g total fat, 16g carbohydrates, 2.5g fiber, 4g sugar, 25g protein
**Portion size will vary after bariatric surgery based on food stage and tolerance. Consult with your bariatric healthcare team about appropriate food options based on your individual needs.**