From our Bariatric Recipe Pantry, try this great tasting Spaghetti Squash Au Gratin as a side dish for your next party.
All you need:
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Cut the spaghetti squash in half and remove the seeds.
3. Place each half of the squash in a dish with 1/2 inch of water and microwave for 10-14 minutes or until tender.
4. Chop the onion and transfer to a small bowl. Add red pepper flakes and garlic powder.
5. In a skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and onion mixture. Cook until the onions are brown.
6. Scrape out the inside of the squash with a fork and transfer to a mixing bowl. Add sautéed onions, Greek yogurt, and half the shredded cheese to the squash. Mix well.
7. Spray a baking dish and add the squash mixture. Top off with the remaining shredded cheese.
8. Bake at 375°F for 20-25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts Per 1 Cup Portion: 115 calories, 7g total fat, 7g carbohydrates, 7g protein, 3g sugar, 1g fiber
**Portion size will vary after bariatric surgery based on food stage and tolerance. Consult with your bariatric healthcare team about appropriate food options based on your individual needs.**