From our Bariatric Recipe Pantry, try these great tasting Sweet Pepper Bariatric Nachos for game day.
All you need:
- 2 lb bag sweet mini peppers
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 pkg low-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 ½ cup low-fat shredded cheddar
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. While waiting for the oven to heat, cook ground turkey over medium heat in a skillet. Add taco seasoning and cook thoroughly, until no longer pink.
3. Cut the tops off each pepper and slice in half, lengthwise. Remove seeds. Place peppers on a baking sheet, skin side down.
4. Evenly sprinkle cooked turkey over peppers. Add shredded cheese and bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
5. Take the baking sheet out of the oven and add shredded lettuce over "nachos".
6. Serve warm with salsa and plain greek yogurt on the side.
Nutrition Facts per serving (6 halves) : 216 calories, 7g fat, 11g carbohydrates, 3g fiber, 5g sugar, 27g protein
**Portion size will look different for everyone after bariatric surgery based on food stage and tolerance. Consult with your bariatric healthcare team about appropriate food options based on your individual needs.**